I’ve found that the best way to do that is to find every resource available that will teach you everything you need to know about money and managing your finances efficiently.
Of course Celebrating Financial Freedom is a great place to start, but there are so many other books, blogs, and websites out there that can be extremely helpful in showing you the way to financial freedom.
Not all of them teach complete freedom from debt like I do, but they are still valuable and trustworthy resources nonetheless for general personal finance information that will keep you educated and informed in your quest to succeed financially.
With that said, here are my top ten resources for personal finance information that I trust, in no particular order:
(None of the following links are affiliate links)
1. Money Saving Expert.com- Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert from the UK, has a very popular site for educating consumers about smart purchasing and using your money more efficiently to free up 30% more of your money to use for other expenses.
2. Enemy of Debt- EOD brings together a wide array of personal finance bloggers (including me!) that team up to give you excellent money advice from many different perspectives. Sort of a personal finance dream team that will help steer you in the right direction.
3. Financial Peace- The original book from money expert Dave Ramsey that tells the story of his initial success, bankruptcy, and redemption once he realized that being in debt was not the type of “success” that lasts. His story shows how he got out of debt and began succeeding with money and how you can do it too.
4. Dollar Stretcher- Gary Foreman started this site in 1996 and it has grown into one of the leading personal finance sites anywhere. Here you’ll find a large community, tons of articles, and info on just about any money subject you can think of.
5. More Than Enough- In my opinion the greatest book about personal finance ever writer. Not only does Dave Ramsey teach about the importance of debt freedom, but also about how the way you use your money is directly tied to what’s in your heart, your spirit, and what kind of legacy you leave for your family tree. Get this book (not an affiliate link), it will make a difference in your life.
6. Thou Shall Prosper- An awesome book by Rabbi Daniel Lapin that explains many of the basic tenets of the Jewish faith that have helped the Jewish people prosper with money and business for thousands of years. Want to know the secrets of Jewish success? This is the book for you.
7. The Bible- Bar none the best book ever on how to live life. There are over 800 verses on how to use money wisely and it is the most talked about subject in the Bible. Follow these principles and you WILL prosper
8. Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job- The bestselling book by author Jon Acuff detailing his career path of 8 jobs in 8 years, how he finally discovered his passion, and how that made all the difference. He details how you can also develop your passion, find your calling in life without making the mistake jumping into a new career prematurely.
9. Rich Dad, Poor Dad- The first book by Robert Kiyosaki teaching easily understandable personal finance concepts learned from his two dads (his real dad and his friend’s dad) and how he used them to build a fortune in real estate and publishing. I don’t totally agree with everything he writes on the subject but a valuable book nonetheless.
10. The Cashflow Quadrant- Kiyosaki’s second book that completely changed the way I look at earning income. He details the best ways to earn income and invest your time so that your money works for you instead of you working yourself to death to get money. An especially good read.
Become Your Own Money Expert
When it comes down to it, if you want to become debt free and really start prospering financially, you have to become your own money expert.
No one can do it for you.
When you put in the time and the effort to learn how to eliminate debt, control spending, keep track of your financial situation, and then put that knowledge into action, your situation will always improve. Then you will change your financial life and your family tree forever, guaranteed!
Do you have any favorite personal finance resources?
Let me know in the comments.