When you read the title above about using credit cards wisely and then you realize on which site it is you’re reading this, you’ll probably start thinking to yourself , “OK, I guess Doc has finally gone off the deep end.” Because you know if you’ve been frequenting this site for more than a few days, I hate debt, and I especially hate credit cards.
So what gives?
Credit Cards Aren't All Bad
Well, believe it or not, I don’t think credit cards are completely bad. I do think they have some socially redeeming value, but maybe just not for the use they were intended.
A credit card can be a very handy piece of plastic that you can find a ton of uses for if you just make the effort to be a little creative.
20 Ways to Use Your Credit Cards Wisely
- Colorful coasters- to keep glasses from leaving a ring on your furniture.
- You can throw them like a ninja throwing star while dressed up as the “Debt Buster” superhero, complete with cape and tights (Something I’ve never wanted to do… wink, wink)
- Throw them in Vitamix blender and use them as confetti
- Duct tape it to your kids bike so it will flap in the spokes and make it sound like a motorcycle.
- Cut them into strips and use as toothpicks.
- Use them to scrape ice off your windshield.
- Use them as a shim to even up a wobbly table.
- Put it in your recycling bin to be recycled.
- Use it as a bookmark in your favorite personal finance book.
- Use a Pick Punch to make them into guitar picks.
- A crumb scraper for your dinner table.
- Pop open a door lock with it.
- Scrape bumper stickers off your car. It won’t scratch the paint.
- They make a great putty knife when repairing dings in your walls.
- You can use it to scrape the algae off the glass on the inside of your aquarium. Your fish will thank you.
- Cut them up and use them as mosaic tiles.
- Use as a scraper to scrape the dried food off your dishes.
- Use as a caulking tool to get that perfect uniform bead that looks so good.
- Cut in half and use as a tongue scraper (Yeah, credit cards make me gag too).
- If you have enough of them, throw them in your fire pit to help keep you warm in the cold weather.
The Worst Way to Use a Credit Card
And remember, the best way to use credit cards wisely is not to have them at all.
Question: Do you know of any other good ways to use a credit card? Let me know in the comments.